Welcome to the Power Your Health, Power Your Life website! With input from young women and health care providers throughout Utah, this site is designed to offer important information to young women in the preconception or interconception phase of life. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is critical to ensuring not only health for young women of childbearing age, but also the best possible birth outcomes for future generations. Healthy lifestyles can also help Utah keep its distinction as the state with the lowest infant mortality rate in the nation.
Please recommend it to your patients, and feel free to use the handouts and other educational materials to reinforce important messages that you give about staying healthy!
- Benefits of Daily Multivitamins with Folic Acid
- Understand your Menstrual Cycle
- Family Planning: A Complete List of Birth Control Options and Effectiveness
- Pregnancy Spacing
- Healthy Lifestyle: Nutrition, Exercise, Sleep
- Know Your Family Health History
- Identify and Handle Depression and Stress
- What is a Healthy Relationship?
- Avoid Substance Abuse, Binge-Drinking, Tobacco, and STDs
CME and CEU Materials
The Utah Department of Health, along with the University of Utah School of Medicine and Intermountain Healthcare provided a CME and CEU event in Salt Lake City on August 3, 2010 featuring Dr. Joseph Stanford, Dr. Michael Lu, and Merry-K. Moos.
Please access the hyperlinks below to view materials and presentations shared at this event.
Click here to view the:
- Presentation by Dr. Michael Lu
- A website for Healthcare Professionals about Preconception Health – www.BeforeAndBeyond.org
- The Recommendations for the Routine Core of All Women of Reproductive Age
- The Algorithm for Providers Caring for Women of Childbearing Age
- Lois Bloebaum’s (BSN, MPA) Presentation
- Utah Department of Health’s Social Marketing Reports:
Resources for your patients:
Downloadable Educational Materials:
- Reproductive Life Plan Magazine (English)
- Reproductive Life Plan Magazine (Spanish)
- Pregnancy Spacing Pamphlet (English)
- Pregnancy Spacing Pamphlet (Spanish)